Thursday, March 3, 2016

Luscious Lightwave

Luscious Lightwave 💖

Once upon a time I crossed the bridge from a life of self-service to a life of service and I'm never going back.

I was watching an interview with master yoga teacher Richard Miller recently and a comment he made about happiness really grabbed me. He said, "The way to make yourself happy is to make others happy; the way to make yourself sad is to try to make yourself happy." This rang so true to me because I've experienced both sides of the spectrum and their effects. Never have I been as miserable and dissatisfied as when I was trying to gratify the ego needs of the little self...the conditioned personality. And never have I been as consistently and genuinely joyful and satisfied as when I'm using what I have to lift others up. This doesn't mean aestheticism or martyrdom but there is self-denial and a surrendering of a narrow-minded sense of selfhood involved. This can be a hard won battle these days in our culture of instant gratification, but the rewards of this way of being have sealed it into to my psyche as the only way of life for me.

Alison Bristow
Lightwave Healing & Yoga
#lusciouslightwave#dailylightwave #vajrapradamamudra #servicecenteredlife

No comments:

Post a Comment