Monday, December 1, 2014

The Daily Lightwave

The Daily Lightwave 💖

Today's message is kind of the reverse way of saying what Sri K. Pattabhi Jois said, "Body is not stiff. Mind is stiff." I study with a teacher now who regularly helps me see that the areas where my body is dull, overactive, or inflexible are a reflection of my mentality. The body is visible thought so of course we first feel those things in our body and it's easy to just assume they originate there. But as our practice develops, we become more and more attuned to the subtle elements of our being. In yogic anatomy this is referred to as the subtle body. And many modern healing modalities are using one word to describe this invisible but unquestionable connection: bodymind. I love incorporating this awareness into my asana practice. It reminds me that I'm more malleable than my body might have me believe. It keeps me from not trying things that I think are beyond me and also reminds me not to force anything. The first time I found myself in the pose pictured - parivrtta baddha anjaneyasana - I realized it was a barrier in my mind more than my body that had been keeping me from it. That's what's cool about the meditative aspect of vinyasa flow -- we get beyond our own limits and the Self takes over. We come to this practice to discover all that we already are, rather than to get something.

Mobility is mental!

Alison Wilburn
Lightwave Healing and Yoga
#dailylightwave #parivrttabaddhaanjaneyasana #pattabhijois #guru #bodymind #yogi #subtlebody #vinyasaflow #meditation #higherconsciousness

No comments:

Post a Comment