Wednesday, October 8, 2014

The Daily Lightwave

The Daily Lightwave 💖

It's one thing to live consciously for 90 minutes. It's another to live consciously for an entire day and beyond. All the places where our body is dull, weak, tense, or agitated is a result of disconnection or lack of awareness. If I were aware of where my body was dull or overly tense I would correct it. So the mind has to awaken! Even as I type this I'm constantly reversing the tendency I have to round in the shoulders. Several years ago I wouldn't have had the mental alertness to do that. By cultivating mindfulness, we really can become our own physician - especially with the refined awareness of how every bodily function is the direct result of a conscious or unconscious thought. The more we can bring the lessons learned on our mats, into our lives, the better. I say this a lot, but it's so true ~ awareness is everything. The blind spots are where habit takes us over. But through feeling the body-mind connection, even oneness - bodymind - we will live a level of presence that takes us beyond our habits. Be patient along the way, remembering it  is a practice.

The real practice begins when you step off the yoga mat.

Alison Wilburn
Lightwave Healing & Yoga
#dailylightwave #practice #offthemat #yogaeveryday #bodymind #presence #awareness

No comments:

Post a Comment