Sunday, August 10, 2014

The Daily Lightwave

On September 11, 1893, at the World's Parliament of Religions in Chicago, IL, Swami Vivekananda ended his talk with these words: "I am a Hindu. I am sitting in my own little well and thinking that the whole world is my little well. The Christian sits in his little well and thinks the whole world is his well. The Mohammedan sits in his little well and thinks that is the whole world. I have to thank you of America for the great attempt you are making to break down the barriers of this little world of ours, and hope that, in the future, the Lord will help you to accomplish your purpose."

I love that he saw America's promise in this way. In the rush of corruption and politics devoid of value-based motives, I often forget the great potential the country I live in has to foster worldwide unity. It's good to be reminded to keep my vision lifted to the highest purpose for the country I'm blessed to inhabit. What is a country but the collective outlook of its citizens any way? Let's keep our outlook inspired and watch America mirror this back to us as it lives into its potential to be a force and catalyst for unity and universal peace.

All religions offer shades or aspects of one Universal Truth. When human consciousness grasps this Truth, it will no longer need the shades.

Alison Wilburn ~ #lightwave
Lightwave Healing & Yoga

#unity #dailylightwave #universaltruth #peace #yourvisionmatters

No comments:

Post a Comment