Monday, June 23, 2014

The Daily Lightwave

I notice my Daily Lightwaves are running a common theme lately. Everything I share is what I'm learning and this theme of staying unified with my center is a big one for me right now. Today's #dailylightwave came to me last week in a private yoga session. I had just gotten the student into savasana (final rest pose) when the phone started ringing, neighbors began riding loud dirt bikes, dog barking,  etc. I found myself saying something similar to what I've written today to the student. As I pondered this idea afterwards it really stayed with me and I realized it's true for more than just savasana. I love how the asana practice aspect of yoga offers so many metaphors for the whole of human experience.

Anything that shows up as a distraction, nuisance, disturbance, or burden isn't there to pull you off center; it's actually inviting you to connect more fully to your center. If you were at one with the place of peace inside yourself, whatever it is wouldn't have shown up as a disturbance.

Alison Wilburn ~ #lightwave
Lightwave Healing & Yoga

#asanametaphors #nothingcandisturbyou #connecttocenter #innerpeace

No comments:

Post a Comment