Thursday, August 28, 2014

The Daily Lightwave

The mind says "I don't feel inspired.  I'll just skip that today." I can't count the number of times I've gone along with that. What I'm finding now is that showing up consistently is the soil inspiration needs to blossom. Today marks my 170th consecutive, haven't-missed-a-day #dailylightwave. There are days I think nothing is there, I have nothing to say, it doesn't matter, no one cares, bla bla bla, but I do it anyway. In the discipline of showing up something always arises that I didn't know was there. This is true for a spiritual practice, sitting for meditation, an exercise regimen, playing an instrument, and on and on. You've gotta cultivate the tenacity to show up along with all your doubts,  laziness, and fear no matter what. When all else fails that commitment will carry you through. Steven Pressfield's book call The War of Art is one of the best on this topic. Come on show us what you're made of!

Discipline breeds inspiration.

Alison Wilburn ~ #lightwave
Lightwave Healing & Yoga

#discipline #thewarofart #showup #dontgiveup

No comments:

Post a Comment